Why Give to Life’sWork?
Help us transform lives.
Life’sWork has a well established and distinguished history of service to the community focusing on improving the quality of life for individuals with disabilities by providing opportunities for meaningful employment.
Every year Life’sWork raises the money it requires to support these programs and services through a combination of public funding, revenues generated by our business services division, and through the generosity of contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations. Donations are used to help pay for programs when individuals don’t qualify for other assistance and to create or expand new innovative programs that benefit people with disabilities.
Since our founding in 1927, more than 100,000 individuals of all ages with disabilities or other employment barriers have utilized our services to achieve independence and self-sufficiency.
Today, we serve over 2,000 clients a year ranging from youth as young as 14 to adults.
We successfully place over 75% of the individuals using our services in competitive employment annually.
Methods of Support
Your gift to Life’sWork allows people with disabilities to follow their dreams and live the life that they choose.
There are many ways to support our programs and services:
Make a gift of:
- Credit Card
- Mail: 403 Sidney Street, Suite 500, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- Phone: 412.471.2600
- Online Donation Click Here
The GreatNonprofits Top-Rated Awards is the one and only people’s choice award where volunteers, donors, and people served by nonprofits are asked to share stories of inspiration, express their appreciation, and potentially help nonprofits earn a spot on the prestigious GreatNonprofits Top-Rated Nonprofits List.
Click Here to share your experience with Life’sWork of Western PA
- Become a member of our monthly giving program
Corporate or Foundation Partnerships
- Support our mission in a variety of ways, including:
- Event sponsorships
- Restricted program-specific gifts
- Unrestricted gifts or grants
- Make tax-deductible donations directly from your donor-advised fund.
- Stock donations are fully tax deductible.
- Join Giving Assistant to start donating 3-30% of online purchases from stores like Home Depot (3%), Bed Bath & Beyond (10%), and JC Penney (3%).
- A donation to Life’sWork of Western PA is a thoughtful way to honor someone who has devoted a portion of their lives to individuals with disabilities.
- Honor or memorialize a special family member, colleague, or occasion. We will notify the honoree of your donation
- United Way Giving (CFC): Use code 68217 to designate your United Way gifts to Life’sWork of Western PA.
- Employer Matching: An easy way to double your contribution is through employee giving programs. Take advantage of your company’s Employer Match program and increase the impact of your donation.
- AmazonSmile is the same as the Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support us by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com and selecting Life’sWork of Western PA
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our organization.