Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to all the above questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
The Vocational Support Specialist is responsible for supporting and supervising individuals as they adjust to the workplace environment. They also act as a liaison with the employees regarding schedules and production requirements.
This position is located at River Park Commons – 2403 Sidney Street, Suite 500 Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- Supervises 2-6 individuals at a community job site.
- Acts as the liaison to the business customer for daily production and operations. Recommends and implements changes that will improve efficiency or effectiveness of the job site.
- Assist employers with job re-design, accommodations, &/or accessibility and educate employers in methods of working with individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Provides rehabilitative services for improvement of vocational skills, social skills and behavioral modification, in preparation for competitive employment.
- Assures production goals are met.
- Maintain records and documentation requirements.
- Monitors clients and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- May transports client to and from the worksite on a daily basis.
- Complete 24 hours of training per year.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A secondary degree in psychology, social services, or a related field is preferred not required.
- A good working knowledge of industry and production is very helpful.
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with physical and mental disabilities is preferred not required.
- Skills and ability to work independently with clients,
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license, a good driving record and current car insurance.
- Patch / PA Child Abuse / FBI Fingerprint Clearance are required within 30 days of employment and this is all paid by Life’sWork of Western PA
Compensation: $13.50 to $17.00 per hour.