Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to all the above questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
Life’sWork of Western PA seeks an experienced Job Coach. Responsible for the on-site coaching, monitoring, and documentation of services provided to all assigned clients both at Life’sWork and outside the building when needed.
This position is located at 222 Nazareth Drive, Belle Vernon, PA 15012
- Responsible for assisting clients on the job site by providing instruction and supervision of work habits to ensure successful employment.
- Develops rapport with clients by promoting positive work habits, work attitudes and self-confidence.
- Responsible for keeping accurate case notes and reports for file to comply with 2390 regulations.
- Ensure that client work is completed in a timely manner and quality specifications are met.
- Withdraw services gradually as the client demonstrates the ability to function independently at the work site.
- Consults with other staff relative to special client needs and modifies teaching method appropriately.
- Deals with participant problems in a professional, effective manner and provide written and oral communication to Workforce Development Specialist regarding client needs.
- Responsible for Task Analysis, Progress Reports, and other documentation as assigned.
- Provide appropriate training at other work sites which may include but not necessarily be limited to: task specific training, social integration, behavior modification, remediating poor work-related behaviors, etc.
- Maintain open communication with employers to optimize effective feedback.
- Transport clients to the work site and/or provide travel training as needed
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in related field or High School Diploma with at least 1-year experience working with persons with disabilities.
- Must complete ACRE Training successfully within one year of date of hire
- Patch / PA Child Abuse / FBI Fingerprint Clearance are required within 30 days of employment and this is all paid by Life’sWork of Western PA
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Training skills
- Customer Service skills
Compensation: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour