Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers, young adults, children and families to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships.
We believe everyone deserves to share in opportunities of meaningful employment. Through employment for all, we envision creating a compassionate, inclusive and equitable community where all individuals have a chance to flourish. A career at Life’sWork means a chance to promote life altering change in an individual’s life.
Having problems getting a human resource job because you have no experience but you have the education. This is where you need to apply.
- You will gain a variety of EXPERIENCE!
- You will gain a variety of KNOWLEDGE.
- You can GROW with us!!
Perform Human Resource related functions and provide administrative support to the Director, Human Resources to ensure agency, department, employee and government requirements are all met.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to Director, Human Resources.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, hiring fairs, employee recruitment, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Patch / PA Child Abuse / FBI Fingerprint Clearance are required within 30 days of employment. The entire cost will be paid by Life’sWork of Western PA.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Health Coverage: (full-time only)
- Pays 100% of employee only coverage.
- Matches up to $700 towards your health savings account (H.S.A.)
- Other benefits; (100% paid by employee)
- Dental and vision
- Legal Shield / Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Beginning your second year, full-time employees will receive 20 days of PTO
- Beginning your second year, part-time employees may receive up to 10 days of PTO
- Holidays: (full-time & part-time)
- Offer 12 holidays per year
- Retirement Plan (403(b) Thrift Plan):
- Matches 100% up to 5% of employee’s contribution
- Mileage reimbursement:
- Follows the federal mileage rate.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: At Life’sWork of Western PA, we have a clear vision: to create a community where difference is valued. As an organization with a mission that is centered around lifting up some of the most vulnerable members of society, diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Here, everyone is welcome. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, language, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, handicap or disability, and other protected status’. As an employment organization that is continually evolving to provide the best possible services for our clients, we strive to be as diverse as the individuals that we serve. Life’sWork is fully focused on building and nurturing a workplace where inclusion is part of our everyday culture, not just an initiative; where all employees feel their individual gifts are celebrated and appreciated, and where they are encouraged to be who they are.
There is always more work to be done, and we believe that if the services that are provided by our organization are done through a diverse mix of talents, perspectives, and backgrounds, we can play a role in creating ongoing and lasting change.